Acquisition Management Lead (CBP)
LMI seeks a skilled Acquisition Management Lead to support a CBP PMO office in the National Capital Region. Join our team of collaborative self-starters focused on delivering practical and efficient solutions to help our client keep U.S. borders safe and facilitate travel and trade. As part of our high-performing team, you will augment our vital work to provide “eyes and ears” technology to protect our nation. This is a hybrid role.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, remote work opportunities, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees. Come join the organization that is consistently ranked as a top workplace!
You will be responsible for leading a team of acquisition professionals in the development of artifacts required by DHS MD 102-02 and the acquisition life cycle framework (ALF) to successfully obtain milestone approvals. Representative responsibilities include:
- Provide strong managerial experience organizing, planning, directing and managing staff
- Assist the program manager in providing required team leadership, guidance, and program management vision
- Consult with senior leadership as needed in support of the daily operations.
- Assist in providing overall supervision of personnel in cross functional teams.
- Support standup of innovation techniques, processes, disciplines and venues for CBP
- Support development and implementation of CBP’s LSS Structure, training, project Management and projection of capability throughout CBP.
- Identify crucial organizational needs for retaining and leveraging knowledge from acquisition workforce
- Assist in development, implementation, management and monitoring of Acquisition Workforce (AWF) statistics.
- Assist Government leads with preparing correspondence briefing to programs and senior leader and tracking actions.
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and effective decision making.
- Communicate and coordinate with various stakeholders across multiple agencies
- Develop and update program management plans and life-cycle cost estimates
- Develop market research plans, analyses, and acquisition plans
- Compile and develop cost estimation and acquisition program baseline documentation
- Support the planning, programming, budgeting, and accountability process for resource allocation planning, congressional justifications, and acquisition planning
- Coordinate, develop and integrate the following documents:
- Acquisition Program Baseline (APB)
- Operational Requirement Documentation (ORD)
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Test & Evaluation Management Plan (TEMP)
- SELC Tailoring Plan
- Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Market Research Analysis
- Acquisition Plan (AP)
- Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE)
- Performance Work Statement (PWS)
- Statement of Objectives (SOO)
- Request for Quote (RFQ)
- DHS Acquisition background.
- Ten (10)+ years of progressive, relevant experience, in Acquisition, Contracting, and/or Project Managment
- Experience with DHS MD 102 and acquisition support for complex system acquisitions
- Experience supporting multi-functional technical engineering teams for large, complex programs
- Professional certification in acquisition management is desirable
- Strong knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Acquisition Manual (HSAM) and other regulatory and policy supplements.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire and apply domain-specific expertise through on-the-job training and professional development training.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SharePoint and MS Teams.
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment.
- An active CBP Background Investigation is preferred; the ability to successfully complete a CBP Background Investigation and US citizenship are required. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.