Associate, Visual Merchandising, Saks NY
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About The Role:
The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain the brand image in the Boutique, elevating the client experience and facilitating the selling process. They will report directly to the Boutique Director with a dotted line to the Regional Visual Merchandising (VM) Manager.
What Impact You Can Create at CHANEL:
- Expedite the selling process for Fashion Advisor’s by being readily available to change mannequins, pull and replenish items from selling floor, make substitutions on displays when product is needed for clients, etc.
- Be the point of contact for the store when VM Lead is on other projects, during corporate holidays and on weekends
- Support Operations team with product prep work for floor moves and collection launches, including P Touching display items
- Update digital photo files for VM maintenance purposes as changes are made
- Keep documentation of window items current (SKU, price, size, etc.) for selling team’s reference
- Assist in implementation of events, Sale, seasonal installs, corporateevents and other business driving initiatives in the Boutique
- Communicate effectively with boutique selling team and management
- Work independently with minimal supervision
You Are Energized By:
- The history and heritage of The House of CHANEL
- People leadership and development
- Fostering a meaningful client experience centered around inclusion and connection
- Building collaborative partnerships and relationships
- Being comfortable in the middle of complexity and ambiguity
- Multi-tasking within projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Creativity and innovation by testing, learning, and taking new risks
- Appreciation for art, beauty, and luxury
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively
- Understanding of, and passion for client experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required
- Passion for the House of CHANEL, its history, product offerings, and commitment to social and cultural initiatives
- Curiosity and desire to learn and grow professionally within the world of CHANEL
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Basic knowledge of retail operations, display and merchandising
- Experience in basic computer software and digital photography
- Minimum associate degree, preferably in a Fashion related major
- Ability to work on a ladder; be willing and able to lift 30 – 40 lb.
- Able to move heavy items - may include overhead lifting, pulling, and pushing of items up to 25 lbs.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work late nights, weekends, and some holidays
The anticipated hourly rate range for this position is $18 through $27. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components may include additional compensation, benefits, and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture:
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees,developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Hourly rate, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay may offered for this position
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, Milk Stork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension, and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.