Audiovisual Systems Project Manager
Audiovisual Systems Project Manager
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Audiovisual Project Manager reports to the Director of Design and Engineering and is responsible managing audiovisual integration projects and assembling teams, coordinating with contractors and collaborating with Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) colleagues, departments, and vendors to ensure Education Support Services (ESS) is providing classroom technology installation projects according to FAS standards, within project scope, schedule, and budget.
This is a critical role and presence on campus is required. Flexible work arrangements will be considered at the discretion of the Director of Design and Engineering.
- Consults with clients, colleagues, departments, and vendors to scope audiovisual system planning, design installations and integrations;
- Conducts needs analysis assessments informing audiovisual designs;
- Creates basis of design narratives and estimated costs;
- Assists the Design and Engineering Director with the planning, design, schedule and management of various projects;
- Manages audiovisual vendor proposals, quotes, and change orders to ensure that each audiovisual system installation aligns with the basis of design, standards, and the audiovisual vendor’s scope of work;
- Administers use of collaborative project management tools when working with clients, colleagues, departments, and vendors;
- Schedules and supervises work of internal subject matter experts, specialists and oversees the work of external vendors;
- Supervises and maintains all aspects of audiovisual installation scopes of work and coordinates work with allied trades, equipment manufacturers and others, as required;
- Manages and signs off all audiovisual installation performance verification testing procedures;
- Trains faculty, staff, and students in the operation of classroom multimedia equipment upon project completion;
- Assists with continuous improvements to systems, services, products, processes and team performance;
- Assists with audiovisual systems and associated technologies through research and development;
- Communicates with repair staff about audiovisual system conditions and upgrades within teaching and learning, administrative and events spaces;
- Attends and contributes to learning space planning tours, as needed.
- Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following Additional Qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience providing multimedia customer service in a fast-paced, academic environment. Knowledge of ITSM methodologies will be beneficial. The candidate will have the proven ability to supervise, deliver professional customer service to a wide range of constituents, while developing solutions in a client-friendly manner and manage multiple concurrent work assignments and projects. Analytical and troubleshooting skills and the desire to identify and resolve technical or process issues are preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate effective interpersonal, written/verbal communications skills, and technical knowledge.
- College background in related multimedia, technology and/or project management preferred
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects;
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit or similar drafting software;
- Experience with IP-based audiovisual equipment;
- Fundamental knowledge of IT networking;
- At least three years’ experience supervising staff preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
- Avixa CTS certification desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable
- Sitting using near vision use for reading and computer use for extended periods.
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in an office setting
- Must be accessible by cell phone during business hours and occasionally off-hours in a support emergency.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
We regret that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
Work Format Details
Work is performed in an office setting; this position will be based in Cambridge, MA and there is an expectation of two workdays per week on campus.
Education Support Services (ESS) provides world-class audiovisual and instructional support, event and media production, training, and consulting services to faculty, staff, and students in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS). The team supports the school’s mission by delivering premium technology offerings that enhance and creatively advance the teaching & learning environment. ESS is comprised of six service groups: Teaching & Learning Support, Design & Engineering, Event & Media Production, Language Center, Assistive Technology Services, and Piano Technical Services.
We invite you to visit Harvard’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
I0058P IT Project Manager IV
Hybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
Administration and Finance
Education Support Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LinkedIn Recruiter Tag (for internal use only)