Fragrance and Beauty, Education and Account Executive, Nashville
Fragrance and Beauty, Education and Account Executive, Nashville
CHANEL, Inc., a leader in the luxury goods industry, seeks an Account & Education Executive to support and develop multi-brand retail sales, identify long-term business drivers, and create talented teams by merging education values with sales disciplines. Reporting into the Head of Sale, the Account & Education Executive (AEE) is responsible for executing CHANEL business objectives, promotional programming, upholding brand image, and talent development at the store level.
The ideal candidate has a passion for Fragrance and Beauty, has worked within a multi-brand retail (MBR) and/or retail environment and has experience managing a significant sales volume. Must have strong communication, coaching, execution skills, and the ability to flex schedule based on business needs.
• Responsible for executing the business strategies to achieve the Company’s business objectives
• Regularly monitor retail sales and hold counter team accountable to meeting established retails sales objectives
• Establish a cadence of in-store time with both counter teams and store leadership to ensure alignment with Chanel business objectives; sales plans, product launches, and special events
• Partner closely with Counter Manager to develop a client strategy. Focus on attaining new clients and developing a loyal client base
• Foster strong relationships with retail leadership in order to ensure CHANEL is positioned well within each respective beauty department from a space and location and talent perspective
• Maintain a pulse on market dynamics and trends in order to capitalize on opportunities and ensure achievement of Company objectives
• Plan, communicate, and execute all in-store events in partnership with Head of Sales
• Responsible for managing a budget and adhering to respective Company policies and procedures (i.e., RSS (freelance), T&E, counter supplies, etc.)
• Recruit, hire, and develop counter teams, with an emphasis on growing bench strength and succession planning
• Participate in orientation/onboarding activities for all new hires using company-approved platforms and materials
• Leverage fluency in product, service, and artistry skills to coach and support Counter Managers and BAs
• Model behavior with side-by-side coaching on service ritual, application techniques, and all facets of clienteling behavior including the effective use of the respective retailers’ clientele systems
• Identify learning opportunities; create and implement targeted development plans
• Conduct on-going, in-store education in the region emphasizing elevated service, product knowledge, and CHANEL-specific application techniques with clear benchmark improvement
• Champion the use of all education tools; e.g., INSIDE BEAUTY, pocket guides, etc., during seminars (in store or virtual)
• Collaborate with Area Education Director to foster adult learning in-store, online, and at Point of Sale
Brand Image & Experience
• Ensure that Brand Image is being upheld within respective territory by leveraging any and all available tools and proactively providing feedback/training to counter teams
• Responsible for ensuring all merchandising guidelines and visual merchandising elements are properly executed at all stores
• Communicate timely and effectively any counter issues or concerns to Corporate to address any deficiencies – requiring comfort and proficiency using and communicating through CHANEL apps
• Keep image as top priority and adhere to all visual standards
• Strong written and oral skills
• Proven ability to recruit
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
• Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Home office set up
• Travel requirement of approximately 50-75%
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift at minimum 40 pounds
- Additional Information:
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
·At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
·We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
·CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents, and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
·Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
·Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
·For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
·CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
·Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture:
·We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
·We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees,developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
·Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay [may/will be] offered for this position
Benefits and Perks:
·Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
·Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Corporate Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
·Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, Milk Stork, and Care.com Membership)
·Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
·401K, pension and other incentives
·Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
·Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.