Hr Business Partner Supervisor
Hr Business Partner Supervisor
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Position Number: 02265430
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
The HR Business Partner Supervisor is a member of the Department of Human Resources leadership team functioning as strategic partner in an HR service delivery model. This position will actively serve as a leader, consultant, resource and authority on HR policies, practices, resources and transactions. Accountable to both the Administrative Director of UWM HR Shared Services and the Chief Human Resource Officer this position will lead in the development of and use of HR strategy at both University and college/division level; communicating and implementing University HR practices and goals within the college/division; supporting a culture consistent with the University mission and core values. Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Directing and managing HR Business Partner functions and/or staff
• Identifying, proposing, implementing, and interpreting employment policies and practices for stakeholders, and provides recommendations for changes
• Monitoring programs and practices to ensure compliance with human resources laws, regulations, and institutional policies
• Serving as subject matter expert to support unit managers' alignment of business needs and human resources strategy
• Identifying, implementing, and monitoring training programs consistent with strategic objectives and initiatives
Hybrid work options may be available. Work will be performed primarily on the UW-Milwaukee campus, with requests for remote work considered after the initial training period. Specifics regarding work location requirements will be discussed during the interview process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field OR equivalent work experience
• Experience managing/leading projects of various sizes and complexity
• Experience serving in an HR Business Partner or HR consultative role
• Demonstrated knowledge of human resources laws, rules, policies, and guidelines
• Experience with policy interpretation, process improvement, and or change management
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field OR advanced degree
• Experience supervising human resources staff in a higher education setting or other complex organization
• Experience supervising and providing leadership to a team of employees
• Coursework in Human Resources Management and/or an HR Certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, etc.)
• Experience working with people of different cultures, experiences, and values
• Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., PeopleSoft, Workday, Applicant Tracking Systems, etc.)
• Success in serving the human resources needs of a designated client group
• Experience coordinating, and directing the administrative functions of an organization
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
• A cover letter addressing your education/experience as it applies to all minimum and preferred qualifications
• A resume
• A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4927678
Required degree level
- Bachelor Degree