At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
Using discretion and judgment, participate in the analyzing requirements and in development of software solutions supporting the Global Investment Support organization. Significant areas of focus may include our Portfolio Master, Data Integrity, Performance/Risk/Attribution and Post Trade Processing platforms. Contribute to a variety of phases during the software development lifecycle with a focus on creating software at an advanced level with an adherence to standards and internal best practices.May serve as a team lead for small to midsized projects working with project management, business systems analysts and quality assurance to collaboratively meet tight deadlines.Individual has advanced knowledge of Information Technology at large, with a great understanding of related disciplines and how the interoperate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Is accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and internal standards. Works on the most complex projects and provides innovative suggestions for solutions.
- Provides technical support to sustain a highly efficient and reliable technology environment across the trading markets.
- Keeps technical skills up to date with a strong desire to evaluate new products and technologies. Makes recommendations and pursues the adoption of such products and technologies.
- Receives broad goals and overall objectives from Product Owners and collaborates with technology teams under MFS’s agile framework in achieving those goals.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong knowledge of MFS Investment Operation Applications and their related components. Makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these systems as appropriate.
- Develops, enforces, and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
- Serves as technical mentor to other members of the team.
- Experience working within a mature Agile SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions through completion.
- Leverages technology to automate manual tasks and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate. Makes recommendations for process improvements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6-8+ years of experience programming with Portfolio Master, Data Integrity, Performance/Risk/Attribution and Post Trade Processing platforms.
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: C# .NET framework /Core, Java, Python
- Strong knowledge of databases (Oracle and SQL Server preferred), SQL query language or PL/SQL programming.
- General knowledge and understanding of Operational or Post Trade Processing Support Systems are a plus
- Experience building integrations with multi-tiered third-party systems, both hosted and on-premises.
- Project work experience with globally distributed teams is preferred.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment, i.e., automated build and code scanning.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and front & middle office support experience preferred.
- Experience working within a mature SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions to completion.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.