Manager, Education, Chicago
Manager, Education, Chicago
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About The Role:
The Manager, Education will play a key role in supporting the development of the team, on and off floor coaching to further strengthen the best-in-class experience for CHANEL clients. This role will be responsible for implementing and sustaining educational initiatives for our teams in the Retail Boutiques and will partner with the Boutique Leadership Team to develop a holistic view of training opportunities while identifying opportunities and suggest and deliver learning-based solutions that align to the organizational goals and objectives. This role is to become more agile in identifying and responding to training needs at the boutique level and to also elevate the client interaction and experience.
What Impact You Can Create at CHANEL:
- Design, develop, lead, and facilitate in-store training modules on product knowledge, service behaviors and selling skills.
- Strong partnership with Boutique Leadership Team, Fashion Education, HR Business Partner, and Style Expertise to help identify individual training needs and actively coach team members on expected service and sales behaviors on the sales floor.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, digital training, and engaging interactions with the team.
- Provide leadership and direction on training methodology and instructional delivery to ensure learning effectiveness.
- Partners with the Boutique Leadership Team and HR Business Partner to identify individual training needs for team members.
- Partner with Boutique Leadership Team and HR Business Partner to assess and evaluate results of training and coaching to further develop plans to continually improve results.
- Partner with Fashion Education to facilitate Bonjour CHANEL! New Hire/guide program.
- Participates in the preparation of Collections Training to ensure alignment of messages.
- In collaboration with the Boutique Leadership Team, propose and organize a training calendar in shop to effectively execute on the needs of the boutique
- Organize set up and help animate in depth product and service trainings within Boutique in collaboration with Fashion Education
- Solicits experts of the shop to co-facilitate morning meetings such as product managers, specialists (shoes, F&B)
- Support the Boutique Leadership Team to monitor the quality and impact of training execution via follow up analysis of KPI’s and VOC as well as qualitative learnings to measure success, react and adapt content needs accordingly to exceed service standards.
- Ensure teams have completed necessary prep work before training's
You Are Energized By:
- Experienced in formalized training preferably within the retail landscape
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills to small and large groups
- Ability to manage, motivate and coach others, while also building and fostering a team-focused culture. Including and not limited to a comfort level with giving feedback.
- Able to work independently and transparently, possessing the judgment to provide frequent, concise, and cogent management updates.
- Highly creative and organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively
- Understanding of, and passion for client experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required
- Passion for the House of CHANEL, its history, product offerings, and commitment to social and cultural initiatives
- Curiosity and desire to learn and grow professionally within the world of CHANEL
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a luxury or high service-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Able to lift 15lbs.
- Must have flexible schedule with the ability to work late nights, weekends, and some holidays
What Skills You Will Learn:
- Exposure to multiple boutique business functions and categories
- Growth in additional business and functional areas of the retail business
- Opportunity to collaborate and succeed as a team with colleagues and cross-functionally
- Further grow and develop your skill set with thoughtful career development workshops and self-directed learning modules
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents, and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture:
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay will be offered for this position
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, Milk Stork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension, and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.