Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety (Conover, NC, US)
We, at Elite Comfort Solutions LLC, are searching for a Manager, EHS within our EHS Team to help support our Conover, NC facility. Did you know we are a global leader in foam technology? That’s right! In fact, we have been pioneers in this industry for over 20 years. Since then, we have partnered with Leggett & Platt and been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Manager of EHS you will have the opportunity to develop and execute a strong EHS conscience throughout the facility. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by keeping our employees safe. The team you will be working with is collaborative, and values innovative ideas to bring out the most of their team and employees.
So, what will you be doing as a Manager, EHS?
- Lead with a hands-on mentality, acting as a visible leader
- Manage the Risk Management Program, Spill prevention, stormwater, air permitting, and other environmental programs
- Practice and enforce safe working techniques and reinforce safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as directed by the Senior Manager, EHS
- Improve plant wide overall safety and environmental conscience within facilities.
- Promote, encourage, and ensure employees have a safe working environment and are trained properly
- Ensure legislative compliance with but not limited to OSHA, EPA, and Fire Codes
- Provide new hire, regular, annual, spot, and on-going safety training initiatives
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets and manage hazardous materials, hazardous waste streams and non-hazardous waste.
- Perform facility walk-throughs on a regular basis conducting assessments
- Investigate and maintain records for all work-related injuries and develop safety objectives as needed
- Identify ways to improve safety and productivity simultaneously
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competent computer skills e.g., Microsoft Office
- Exhibit positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility
Things we consider a plus:
- Associates/ Bachelor’s Degree or accredited certifications from reputable organizations
- Environmental Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing facility
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Environmental compliance background
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com