NDT Level II Supervisor UT
Niles, OH, USA
Procurement / Operations
Howmet Aerospace in Niles, Ohio, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Level II Supervisor to supervise our NDT operations and ensure the highest level of quality and safety in our testing procedures. The NDT Level II Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and leading a team of union NDT technicians, coordinating testing activities, conducting inspections, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical knowledge, exceptional leadership skills, and a commitment to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
- Working under the direction of the Responsible Level III and the production area manager, supervise a team of NDT technicians, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure efficient and accurate testing procedures.
- Plan and schedule NDT activities to meet production deadlines, considering available resources and technical requirements.
- Review and interpret test results to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and adherence to established safety procedures.
- Develop and maintain NDT procedures, work instructions, and quality control documentation in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and clients to provide technical expertise and address any NDT-related concerns or issues.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of NDT technicians, providing feedback, coaching, and training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain and calibrate NDT equipment to ensure accurate and reliable testing results.
- Stay up to date with advancements in NDT technologies, industry trends, and regulations, and implement best practices within the organization.
- Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping of all NDT activities, including test reports, inspection logs, and equipment maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an NDT Level II Technician Ultrasonic with extensive knowledge and proficiency in immersion ultrasonic inspection (A-scan and C-scan experience preferred)
- Proficiency in interpreting and evaluating test results, and the ability to make sound decisions based on findings.
- Familiarity with NDT equipment and software, including ultrasonic flaw detectors and imaging software.
- Good understanding of safety protocols and regulations related to NDT operations.
- ASNT Level II in immersion ultrasonic inspection.
- Certification as an NDT Level II Supervisor, in accordance with applicable standards (e.g., ASNT, EN, ISO).
- Supervisor experience in a union environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge.
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company’s differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com, including content shared during the Company’s May 2022 Technology Day.
Follow: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email TalentAcquisitionCoE_Howmet@howmet.com
The Howmet structures business manufactures metallurgically advanced lightweight multi-material solutions that range from titanium mill products to titanium forgings, extrusions and assembled systems for aerospace and defense applications.