Product Engineer - IGT
Hampton, VA, USA
Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Howmet Engine Systems is currently seeking an experienced Operations professional to join our team in Hampton, Virginia.
Are you an empowered Lead Team Partner with the drive to transform ideas into sustainable value?Weare seeking individuals who have a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a manufacturing environment, as well as the passion to put that experience to work to lead activities and support plant/location team to achieve manufacturing excellence. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through operational excellence and career development. If you are an energetic professional that wants to be a part of a dynamic team we encourage you to apply.
Job Summary: As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for all dimensional characteristics and tooling pertaining to the investment casting process and our products. This may involve both new development and production castings. In this role, you will be teamed up with a Process Engineer who will be responsible for the metallurgical aspects of the process. The prime responsibility for this position is to engineer the highest yield and lowest overall cost product while meeting or exceeding all customer defined quality requirements. In this position, you will work in a team environment with other engineers as well as hands on with the manufacturing team so strong communication skills are needed.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Follow Howmet’s Safety Regulations
- Oversee manufacturing tooling design, construction, and implementation
- Optimize dimensional yields of castings at minimum manufacturing cost
- Create manufacturing routing and processing instructions
- Develops and debugs processes for production and developmental castings
- Prepares First Article Inspections to qualify parts
- Actively pursues the continuous improvement of existing processes
- Supplies technical support to customers. Interacts with them regarding technical concerns.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and some overtime
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets technical procedures and drawings. Effectively writes work instructions, reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Presents information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or customers.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills are required. The ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization to achieve your goals are required.
- This employee must be self-motivated to continue to drive improvement in their assigned portfolio of parts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or a four-year non-engineering degree with equivalent work-related experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Investment casting experience
- Solid Works and NX CAD proficient
- Minitab/statistics knowledge and strong Excel capabilities
- Technical manufacturing experience
- Experience in tooling design and/or dimensional inspection/Metrology
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company’s differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com, including content shared during the Company’s May 2022 Technology Day.
Follow: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email TalentAcquisitionCoE_Howmet@howmet.com