Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Sr. Scientist will serve as the Impurity Assay Group lead on early and late-stage programs where they will provide technical and strategic guidance to the team, manage program specific lab activities, and support regulatory submissions. The incumbent will bring in new technologies to improve our understanding of process impurities, align with industry best practices and streamline activities. Lead cross-functional efforts to strategically leverage information to improve efficiency of activities in support of the expanding program pipeline. They will contribute toward peer reviewed publications, internal reports, and regulatory filings.
- Independently lead technology assessment/development of methods for process impurities and align it to overall goals of the TOPS organization
- Represent Impurity Assays group on program teams leading impurity specific activities, advising on regulatory strategies and impurity control strategy
- Authors and reviews technical reports, CMC sections of regulatory submissions and publications
- Take on role of analytical lead to support our pipeline programs
- Supervise direct reports: motivate and develop staff, encourage personal growth and operational excellence
- Lead or participate on cross-functional initiatives to help improve the infrastructure of the department
- B.S. and 14+ years; M.S and 11+, or Ph.D. with 3+ years of industrial experience
- Background in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Microbiology, or related scientific discipline
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Proficient in development and execution of robust ELISAs and qPCR methods
- Experience with laboratory automation
- Familiar with regulatory requirements for biologics
- Familiarity with CMC function
- Great problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/communication skills
- Industry experience working on cross-functional CMC teams
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $133,000 – $172,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.