Software Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
LMI is seeking a skilled Software Developer to support work in Chantilly, VA.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI has been named a 2022 #TopWorkplace in the United States by Top Workplaces! We are honored to be recognized as a company that values a people-centered culture, and we are grateful to our employees for making this possible!
Provide the program and its mission partners scalable and comprehensive project-based solutions that explore and deploy a broad range of solutions that enable technologies to be rapidly matured and transitioned into operational environments and to solve problems faced by the customer and the Mission Partner community designing the integration environment as part of a larger, multi-contractor team.
In this role you will work directly with scientists, engineers, analysts, software developers, and a range of customers to provide systems and software (S/W) engineering expertise, including translating complex systems into modeling architectures that can be used in LMI’s world-class modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A). The S/W applications can include (but are not limited to) a python-based MS&A framework, platform & system models, advanced thin-client visualization, containerization & Kubernetes for High Performance Computing (HPC) deployments, cloud deployments, analytical engine development, and the execution of analyses. The analysis work products will be used by a wide range of audiences including the U.S. Government, up to the highest levels within the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Executive Branch. The successful candidate must enjoy working in a highly innovative environment, where you not only answer difficult questions, but you also help formulate the questions themselves.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 6+ years of professional development experience or master’s degree in a STEM field with 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Experience developing physics-based models and integrating models into discrete time or discrete event simulation engines.
- Agile software development experience, with the ability to develop features both collaboratively and on your own with minimal supervision.
- Ability to see both the big picture and details of software architectures and anticipate and facilitate architectural changes over the full software lifecycle.
- Growth mindset and willingness to continually learn and apply new technologies.
- Possess and maintain a TS/SCI with polygraph U.S. Government security clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Space domain experience
- Experience developing microservices, REST APIs, and software libraries
- Experience integrating software applications through APIs and microservices
- Experience with full-stack web development technologies
- Experience with TDD and writing unit tests, integration tests, and system tests to achieve high code coverage within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with large data sets through databases, JSON, and XML, and developing analytical software to process and present the data
- Proficiency in NoSQL database design, maintenance, and operations (MongoDB is a plus)
- Experience in container-based deployment using Docker
- Experience as an agile Scrum Master
- Software team leadership experience