Alterations Supervisor, 57th Street Flagship
ALTERATIONS SUPERVISOR, New York 57th Street:
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
ABOUT THE JOB:
CHANEL, Inc., a leader in the luxury goods industry, seeks an Alterations Supervisor for its New York 57th Street Location. The Alterations Supervisor is a brand ambassador, acting as the liaison between client and brand. They are responsible for producing high quality, CHANEL-standard alterations within established timeframes.
WHAT IMPACT YOU CAN CREATE AT CHANEL:
- Ensure delivery of the highest standards of client service at all times
- Provide clients with prompt, professional, warm, and courteous service
- Achieve productivity goals; work with managers on alterations room and process enhancements
- Support other boutiques’ overflow as needed and requested
- Maintain an organized and neat workspace and accurate work tracking
- Complete requested garment alterations within specified timelines and to the highest degree of accuracy possible
- Maintain open lines of communication with management and Fashion Advisors on any delays or issues
- Learn seasonal collections and preferred alterations methods, always working to uphold CHANEL alterations standards and savoir faire
- Abide by all company policies and procedures; proactively work with management to continually understand and embrace our operational foundation
- Be an actively contributing team member; communicate effectively and look to collaborate to foster a strong team environment
- Partner closely with sales associates to loyalist clients and close sales.
- Ensure the highest levels of client service through leading by example and appropriate feedback.
YOU ARE ENERGIZED BY:
- The history and heritage of The House of CHANEL
- People leadership and development
- Fostering a meaningful client experience centered around inclusion and connection
- Building collaborative partnerships and relationships
- Being comfortable in the middle of complexity and ambiguity
- Multi-tasking within projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Creativity and innovation by testing, learning and taking new risk
- Previous alterations experience in a luxury retail environment of 7-10 years
- Understanding of client service standards in a luxury retail environment
- Excellent communicator
- Candidate should be team-focused with a desire to collaborate effectively
- Ability to sew and alter garments to required specification
- Understanding of draping, fabrication and pressing
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of organization
- High degree of work accuracy a must
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline and service-oriented environment
- Ideal candidate is open to learning and developing new skills and processes
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $26.78 per hour through $40 per hour. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components will include additional compensation, benefits and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
• At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
• We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
• CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
• Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
• CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
• Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
ARTS & CULTURE
• We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
CAREER & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
• Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay will be offered for this position
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
• Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
• Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
• Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
• Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
• 401K, pension and other incentives
• Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
• Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.