Maintenance Technician II (Wichita)
Wichita, KS 67213, USA
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
Responsible for the maintenance, repair and rebuilding of production and packaging equipment for plastic film converting manufacturer; diagnoses problems, performs repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
SHIFT :2nd Shift - Monday thru Friday 3:30pm to 12:00am
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Independently troubleshoot and repair complex manufacturing equipment that integrates electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Use advanced analytical troubleshooting skills to make in depth repairs and corrections based on observation of equipment in operation and product defects.
- Dismantle defective machinery and equipment to gain access to problem area or to install new or repaired parts and perform major overhauls.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems then repair or replace defective parts.
- Test machines following repairs to ensure good product quality prior to returning machine to service.
- Facilitate fabrication of suitable replacement or upgraded machinery parts.
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
- Perform in-depth electrical and mechanical predictive maintenance inspections, procedures and tasks following preventative maintenance program guidelines.
- Perform in-depth electrical troubleshooting and repairs on equipment electrical systems.
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish and repair drive systems and electronics problems, reprogram drives and PLC's and repair or replace as applicable.
- Process work requests and other data using computerized maintenance management system.
- Use equipment manuals to determine parts to be ordered for specific machinery.
- Use independent judgment in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Assist in training lower level or new maintenance technicians.
- Communicate with other personnel concerning operation, safety and overall performance of equipment and process.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in industrial maintenance or technical school certificate preferred; previous first aid and safety coursework desired.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of common industrial equipment, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and advanced knowledge of electrical systems, drives, and PLCs.
- Ability to use diagnostics tools and precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and multi-meters.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of MicroSoft Office programs.
- Previous training on Lock Out / Tag Out procedures and protocols.
- Flexibility to work different shifts and/or overtime as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment and with cross-functional teams.
- Must be self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and possess ability to work efficiently with minimal direction.
Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain a current forklift certification.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_X_ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job