Senior Data Scientist - TS/SCI with Polygraph
LMI, a consulting firm dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support an Intelligence Community client. This exciting opportunity will be located in the Northern VA area, where you will join our team of talented professionals in delivering integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies, tailored to customers' unique mission needs.
LMI is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with advanced skills in data collection, cleaning, maintenance, analysis, representation, visualization, and reporting. The Senior Data Scientist should have experience with AI/ML, data algorithms, and predictive models, as well as experience using SQL Developer and Python to script the extraction and transformation of data.
At LMI, we have a dynamic community of data-centric practitioners who are passionate about delivering innovative solutions and driving mission success for our clients. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of talented professionals both on client site and within the broader LMI Data Science Community on efforts that can include prototype development, Gen-AI applications, thought leadership, and other focus areas that emerge.
If you're a passionate and skilled data scientist, we encourage you to apply.
- Coordinate requirements directly with the Sponsor and internal subject matter experts
- Demonstrate the ability to frame and scale data problems to analyze, visualize, and find data solutions.
- Manipulate common data formats, including comma-delimited, text files, and JSON.
- Transform data and analysis into informative visualizations and interactive dashboards using open-source and commercially available tools.
- Derive insights and analytic narratives from data and visualizations for effective storytelling and clear communication in response to client research questions.
- Work in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment focused on client deliverables, analysis, and reporting.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- 8-10 years of data science experience and solid educational training in data science
- Advanced skills in data collection, cleaning, maintenance; analysis; representation, visualization, and reporting
- Advanced data visualization skills esp in Tableau
- Experience with AI/ML, data algorithms, and predictive models
- Advanced experience using SQL Developer and Python to script the extraction and transformation of data
- Preferred experience with data engineering techniques – data infrastructure and data lake development
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external professional networks including subject matter experts, collectors, and decision makers that are necessary to carry out tasks or projects
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.